The following ten children's book specialists were selected by the IBBY Executive Committee to serve as members of the 2024 Hans Christian Andersen Award Jury:
- Evelyn Arizpe from Mexico/UK is a professor and researcher in children's literature at the University of Glasgow.
- Brenda Dales from the USA is an independent scholar and former assistant teaching professor in the Education Faculty at Miami University, Ohio.
- Sabine Fuchs from Austria is a retired professor of children's literature and didactics at the University College of Teacher Education, Styria.
- Diana Laura Kovach from Argentina is a language and literature teacher in secondary schools and at the Teachers' Training Institute, Buenos Aires.
- Shereen Kreidieh from Lebanon is a publisher and part-time teacher at Haigazian University, Beirut.
- Bettina Kümmerling-Meibauer from Germany is a professor in the German Department at the University of Tübingen.
- Jaana Pesonen from Finland is a university lecturer in the Education Department of the University of Helsinki and researcher in children's literature.
- Tan Fengxia from China is a professor in the School of Literature at the Nanjing Normal University.
- Pavle Učakar from Slovenia is a former art director of Mladinska Knjiga Publishing House, Ljubljana.
- Morgane Vasta from France is a mediator specialized in children's literature and a lecturer on novels for children and teenagers at the University of Sorbonne Paris Nord.
The Jury will work under the guidance of Jury President Anastasia Arkhipova. IBBY Executive Director Carolina Ballester is an ex officio Jury member.
The 2024 Hans Christian Andersen Award nominees will be announced on 6 March 2023 at the Bologna Children's Book Fair.
For more information about the IBBY Hans Christian Andersen Award and all current IBBY projects please visit the IBBY website.